Monday 21 March 2011

ELEPHANT ADVENTURE



ELEPHANT ADVENTURE
By Willard Price.
208 pp. Random House Children's Books: Red Fox. £5.99. (Ages 9 and up)

ISBN
9780099183310

Rating: 5 Stars

Elephant Adventure is my favourite book I've ever read. It was one of my reading books in year 5. I found the book when I was looking in the English section and my teacher, Miss Llwyd, told me to hurry up because we needed to start the lesson. So, I just picked out any book and it turned out to be Elephant Adventure. At first, I thought it wouldn't be that good because of the title 'Elephant Adventure' and the picture on the front. But after all, you can't judge a book by it's cover. And when I started reading it, it turned out to be amazing. I'm not going to tell you the whole story just the beggining and end. The book is about two boys named Hal and Roger who work in a safari park. The story begins when Hal and Roger are adventuring in the Mountains of the Moon, and see a large, black elephant with red eyes towering above them. Then, they escape the black elephant and find a village where giant people (Watussi) mixed with tiny people (Pygmys) live. Roger makes friends with Bo, the chief' s son and finds a lost baby elephant, looks after it and names it Big Boy. Next, the Thunder man and his servants kidnap Bo. At the end of the story Hal and Roger capture a white elephant. My favourite part is when Hal is telling Roger the story of how elephants got their trunk, but you have to find out what it goes like yourself. My favourite character is Bo, because he is brave and takes risks. I recommend that you would read this book. If I were to give it a mark out of 10,it would be 10.