Monday 28 March 2011

CHARMED LIFE



CHARMED LIFE
The Worlds Of Chrestomanci Book 1
By Diana Wynne Jones.
288 pp. HarperCollins. £5.99 (Ages 12 and up)

ISBN
9780007255290

Rating: 5 Stars


      I really liked this book because it can get a bit funny.

      This book is about a witch, named Gwendolen, and her little brother, named Cat Chant, whose parents have died when they went in a paddle steamer and it broke so they drowned. Cat Chant was holding on to Gwendolen (who is a witch, and witches don't drown) so he didn't drown.
      As Gwendolen stayed with Mrs Sharp longer, she started to turn into the best witch in town, and starts to want to live with Chrestomanci. When she gets there she wants to have more magic classes, but Chrestomanci doesn't let her, so she wants revenge. Gwendolen trys many things but never gets any reaction. Finally when she does her last thing, which was make bugs turn into giants, she gets a reaction, but it is not a good one.

      I really liked this book, because it gets a bit funny, when she tries to get revenge. My favourite part of this book is when Gwendolen takes small animals, such as spiders and frogs, and turn's them into giant animals. I think nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen and fourteen year olds should read this book, because it just feels like that to me. If I put this book out of five, I'd definitely say, no matter what happens, this book would be five out of five. I liked this book so much that I could barely put it down, and it only took me three days to read it. The moral of this book is don't get revenge, because you are the loser and it won't lead to happiness.