Saturday 28 January 2012

OVER THE EDGE


OVER THE EDGE
Mysteries in Our National Parks #7
By Gloria Skurzynski and Alane Ferguson.
160 pages. National Geographic Society. $4.99 (Ages 9 and up)

ISBN
9781426301773

Rating: 5 Stars

      This book tells you about a family who goes to the Grand Canyon to solve the mystery of the condors, but have to take a boy called Morgan with them.
      The brother and the father in the family want to take Morgan with them but the mother and sister don't. A few days later the mother finds out that Morgan wrote some bad stuff about the sister. What happens when somebody pushes the mother over the Grand Canyon and everyone thinks Morgan did it? Is Morgan innocent or is he not?
      My favourite character is Morgan because he becomes good at the end. My favourite part is when the mother falls over the edge and everyone accuses Morgan of pushing her because that's the most exciting bit. I think ages eight through fifteen should read this brilliant book. I think this book deserves five out of five stars. This book made me go back in time to when I was at the Grand Canyon and makes me remember the fear of falling and the beauty of the colourful rocks.