Thursday 2 February 2012

MISTER CREECHER



MISTER CREECHER
By Chris Priestley
400 pages. Bloomsbury. £10.99 (Ages 12+)

ISBN
9781408811047

Rating: 5 stars

      This book tells you about a boy who makes friends with a monster.
      After the monster persuades the boy, Billy, to spy on Frankenstein (the man who made the monster) they start to become friends. Billy spies on Frankenstein and the monster steals the money and food to live off of. What happens when Billy starts to doubt the monster? Will he go back to living on the floor or will he change his mind and stay with the monster?
      My favourite part is when the monster tells Billy his secret because you’re itching to know the monster’s secret and he finally tells it. My favourite character is Billy because he's the main character so I know the most about him. I think ages eight through fifteen should read this book. I think this book deserves five out of five stars. I really like the writing because it has lots of action. I think the writing is very suspenseful because you always want to turn the page in case something exciting happens next.

also on Guardian Children's Books Site