Sunday 20 May 2012

WONDER


WONDER
By R. J. Palacio
320 pp. Knopf Books for Young Readers. $15.99. (Ages 8 and up)

ISBN
9780375869020

Rating: ? Stars

  This book's theme is about a boy with an unusual face who turns out to be a nice person in personality. This book is quite interesting, because the writer writes about it from different characters’ perspectives, so that none of the story is missed out.
  The story is mainly about a boy called August, who has an unusual face and is treated unfairly at school. Although I leave it to you to find out if it always stays that way or if he is finally treated fairly!
  When I got up to the part where some people started to act kind to August, a smile appeared upon my face because I felt happy for him.
  My mom bought this book for me in America, because I had finished reading the book I had brought with me and needed a new book. My mom also gave me this book because she likes to buy me famous books and this one was very famous.
  You can see that the writer really wants the reader to know the moral of this story, because only blind eyes wouldn't see the moral of this book.