Sunday 15 July 2012

HARRIET TUBMAN, SECRET AGENT



HARRIET TUBMAN, SECRET AGENT
By Thomas B. Allen
192 pp. National Geographic Society. $5.95. (Ages 9 and up)

ISBN
9781426304019

Rating: ? Stars


            My dad got me this book last year. For a long time it just sat sadly on my shelf as I am not a big fan of non fiction, but finally I took it down one day and began to read it. Unlike other non fiction books this one was so adventurous, surprising and amazing that it seemed more like a fiction book then a non fiction book, and kept me happy for a while.
            This book is about Harriet Tubman and her amazing life full of heroic adventures. This all really happened one hundred and fifty years ago back in America, when black people where still slaves to the white people. Even though most of the white people were bad not all of them were and some extra nice white people like Elizabeth Van Lew even tried their best to help the blacks.
            I think people of all ages should definitely read this book. The reason I think this is because it has the adventurous story that most little children like, but the kind of writing grown ups like.
            This book has millions of morals but I have decided only to tell you the most important and easy to see one so that I don't give to much away. The most important moral is that it's not fair to treat people differently depending on the colour of there skin, and that as long as you always try your best and keep going that things will always end up all right.