Monday 29 October 2012

A HERO FOR WONDLA



A HERO FOR WONDLA
By Tony DiTerlizzi
464 pp. Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing. £12.99. (Ages 10 and up)

ISBN
9780857073013

Rating: ? Stars


  A while ago, I read a brilliant book called A Search for Wondla, written and illustrated by the same person who created and illustrated The Spiderwick Chronicles. Then about a week ago I found this book in the library while looking for a book to read. I immediately checked it out. I have actually met the writer of this book and had the first book signed. The writer is quite interesting and if I ever become a writer I will probably write books like him as I like drawing and writing. I shall not give away too much about the book, but what I shall say is that it is definitely not the end of the series. I think children aged eight to twelve should read this book. However you should read the first book in the series before you read this book.
  This book was about a twelve year old girl called Eva Nine, who was found by a pilot that brought her to New Attica. She was very excited because she would be able to meet other humans like herself, but it was a bit suspicious because she found out that in return for delivering her the pilot got the plane pieces he wanted. Even though everyone was very kind to her and she was with her own kind, could it be that New Attica was not the right place for her? I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
also on Guardian Children's Books Site