Tuesday 28 January 2014

FIVE ON A TREASURE ISLAND


FIVE ON A TREASURE ISLAND
The Famous Five book 1
by Enid Blyton
192 pp. Hachette Children's Books. £5.99. (Ages 8 and up)

ISBN
9780340931592

Rating: 4 Stars


    This was a brilliant kids mystery book. Enid Blyton has always been one of my favourite authors but this truly swept me away. As you read this book you truly begin to admire the children for their bravery and courage. Personally, my favourite character is George (short for Georgina) because she refuses to act like a girl and is even more of a boy than most real boys. I'm also a big tomboy so I feel like I can understand her the best. I also like Julian because he is so cheerful and makes everyone around him happy.
    This book is about when Anne, Julian and Dick go to visit their cousin Georgina. Soon they learn that she hates being a girl and won't answer unless you call her George. After awhile they earn her friendship and she agrees to take them to her island with her dog Timothy. While there, they are caught by a storm which causes an old shipwreck to crash against the rocks. Curious, the children explore the ship and find a locked box which has a treasure map of the island. Soon they are on a big treasure hunt. Little do they know that they aren't the only ones looking for the treasure…
    I think this book is good for ages eight to twelve. I definitely give this book four out of five stars.